HARTLEY BOTANIC WILL COME TO YOUR GARDEN WITH ITS ‘VIRTUAL GREENHOUSE CONSULTATIONS’
With Glasshouses and Greenhouses providing a beautiful, undercover al fresco space, and the capacity to grow a huge variety of vegetables and fruit, it is not surprising many of us are dreaming of a Greenhouse during lockdown. Historic Glasshouse and Greenhouse manufacturer Hartley Botanic has experienced a c.35 percent increase in customers citing ‘growing their own’ as the primary reason they want to invest in a Glasshouse or Greenhouse since lockdown, with customers saying they ‘never want to be caught out like this again.’
To help meet the growing demand of homeowners desperate for a Hartley Botanic, the manufacturer has launched same-day ‘Virtual Greenhouse Consultations’ to help speed-up the planning of customer orders. The new Virtual Greenhouse Consultations will allow the Greenhouse experts at Hartley Botanic to view homeowners’ gardens remotely – providing advice on Greenhouse location, size and design, along with important considerations when it comes to installation and maintenance.
Tom Barry, Managing Director of Hartley Botanic said; “We have experienced a renewed interest in our Glasshouses and Greenhouses during lockdown. Many of our existing customers are making use of their beautiful Hartley Botanic structures as a way to while away the hours and the pandemic has thrown back into focus the idea of becoming more self-sufficient. But in the current climate, our priority is to keep both our customers and our colleagues safe and well. We can’t visit homeowners at their property at the moment, but one of our experienced sales executives can now visit them at home ‘virtually’ to talk through the requirements of their new Hartley, looking at the proposed location and to answer any questions to help them make their decision.”
Planning a Greenhouse? Here are the top 5 considerations from Glasshouse and Greenhouse manufacturer Hartley Botanic:
- Lockdown dreaming is useful – Spend time envisaging how you intend to use your Greenhouse before deciding on a size and style. Will you use it purely as a growing tool or as a dual-purpose growing and al fresco space?
- Location, location, location – It is very important to get the location of your Greenhouse right. It needs plenty of sun throughout the year, in a location which does not become too exposed in cold weather. It also needs to be cited near a water supply.
- Consider the soil – If you want to include growing beds within your Greenhouse you need to make sure the soil it is positioned on is fertile.
- Will you need planning? – Generally, this is not required when installing a Greenhouse for domestic-use, but do your homework if you live in a Grade 1 or 2 listed property, or are lucky enough to live in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Prioritise ventilation – One of the most common reasons for plant failure in Greenhouses is due to insufficient ventilation. Ventilation is prioritised in Hartley Botanic structures – make sure it is a priority for you too when choosing a structure.
Hartley Botanic, virtual sales support – customer benefits
Making it Easy – It will make the process easier for customers as they will be able to share pictures and videos straight from their phone or via email, whichever they prefer
Speed – We can arrange to visit customers in their garden, the same day
Efficiency – We can be there when the customer is available
Capability – Our experienced sales executives will secure the input of the entire team to answer any questions customers may have
Plans – Now that our production is working normally, your plans will be produced as you require
Details – We will be able to review customers’ preferred location, take a cursory look at any walls or ‘objects’ that may be in place, provide advice and support
All Hartley Botanic’s Glasshouses and Greenhouses are handmade, bespoke and made to order. Customers interested in purchasing a Hartley Botanic Greenhouse should visit: http://www.hartley-botanic.co.uk or call 01457 819 155 for more information.
Unrivalled. Unparalleled. Unique. There are Glasshouses, and there are Hartley Botanic Glasshouses. Combining inspired design with enduring quality, nothing quite enhances your garden like a Hartley Botanic. The manufacturer prides itself on five key pillars of service which sets it apart:
- Beauty and elegance
The incomparable range of simply beautiful and elegant structures means Hartley Botanic can create designs that are distinctive and unique. The Victorian, Heritage and Modern Glasshouse ranges, means customers don’t have to go anywhere else to find the widest range of beautifully crafted, high-quality Glasshouses.
- Structurally superior
Every Hartley Botanic Glasshouse is handmade in the North of England to customers’ exact requirements. They are made of the finest materials with unparalleled durability, safety and beauty. All of their sections have a structural purpose. They never take short cuts by ‘sticking’ aluminium to glass for aesthetic reasons. They are so confident of the structural integrity of their Greenhouses; they offer a 30 year Lifetime Guarantee.
- A reputation beyond compare
Hartley Botanic’s brand heritage and reputation has been built on trust for over 80 years. Hartley Botanic has earned an unrivalled reputation for crafting the finest Glasshouses and Greenhouses money can buy through the very highest standards of hard-won experience, craftsmanship and service.
- Unrivalled knowledge and expertise
With a wealth of knowledge and expertise built into every Hartley Botanic Glasshouse, generations of customers have put their trust in the hands of the manufacturer’s expert, time served, highly skilled craftsmen. Hartley Botanic creates Glasshouses of distinction from decades of knowledge and care.
- Exceptional delivery of service
Once an order has been handmade to customers’ personal requirements, and to Hartley Botanic’s exacting standards, the delivery and installation will be exceptional. The proud team at Hartley Botanic are there to ensure the process runs smoothly, providing customers with the information they need and keeping them up to date throughout.
- ENDS –
Notes to Editors:
For press enquiries please contact:
The Hartley Botanic team at WADE PR
or call: 0797 067 9437 (Caroline)
About Hartley Botanic
Hartley Botanic is an English Glasshouse and Greenhouse manufacturer based in Greenfield, Lancashire. The company was founded in 1938 by brothers Vincent (RHS fellow) and Norman Hartley following their groundbreaking aluminium Greenhouse design, the first time (to our knowledge) aluminium had been used in Greenhouse construction and marking a huge improvement on its wood and wrought iron Victorian forerunners. Today, Hartley Botanic’s reputation has been built on over 80 years of English craftsmanship, creating Glasshouse and Greenhouse structures known for their enduring strength, quality and performance. It is the Greenhouse manufacturer of choice for leading horticulture organisations, institutions and designers in the UK and worldwide with Hartley Botanic commissioned by the RHS, the National Trust, Kew Gardens, Glasgow Botanic Gardens, Massachusetts Horticultural Society, Oxford Botanical Gardens, Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Blenheim Palace, The Lingholm Estate and Hampton Court Palace…to name a few. In February 2017 Hartley Botanic became the only aluminium Glasshouse and Greenhouse manufacturer to be endorsed by the RHS.
Hartley Botanic combines modern advances in design, engineering and technology with old fashioned values and techniques which enhance its products and customer experience. Despite using cutting-edge machinery in its Greenfield factory all Hartley Botanic Greenhouses are still ‘handmade,’ being assembled entirely by hand with precision parts still being made using traditional, hand-operated equipment. The customer service experience is also both hands-on and highly personal with Hartley Botanic providing 360 degree support, from the Greenhouse design phase through to installation. Vincent and Norman Hartley’s vision in 1938 of lasting quality and ambition in making the finest Greenhouses money can buy remain key pillars for the company. Customers purchasing a Hartley Botanic Glasshouse or Greenhouse are making an investment which will stand the test of time, span generations and be robust enough to travel well.
Hartley Botanic’s Glasshouse and Greenhouses are all made to order and range from small patio models to imposing Glasshouses. Designs are available from 3 product ranges (Victorian, Heritage and Modern) with all models available in a variety of colours and sizes, along with options for ‘glass to ground’ installation, free-standing or lean-to and internal glazed partitions. Standard for every Hartley Botanic Glasshouse and Greenhouse are:
– 30 year ‘lifetime’ guarantee which covers both the structure and installation*
– Bespoke solutions to suit particular horticultural requirements
– Full installation service or choice of self-assembly for select designs
– Polyester powder coated paint finish
– Top hung opening lights for advanced, efficient ventilation*
– Single glazing in BS6206 tempered safety glass
– Glazing in individual frames
– No glass to glass or glass to metal contact in glazing
– Unique clear span roof design (no internal support to impede space)*
*not relevant to the Patio Greenhouse
Accolades and awards
In 2017 Hartley Botanic’s entire product range was endorsed by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS.)
The manufacturer’s RHS Flower Show tradestands are award winning, year after year:
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show – Awarded the Director General’s Linley award for the last two years (including in its inaugural year), awarded 5 Stars or the Silver Gilt Show Garden award every year since 2014, awarded Best Tradestand in 2014
- RHS Hampton Court Flower Show – Awarded 5 Stars in 2018
- RHS Chatsworth Flower Show – Awarded 5 Stars since the show’s inauguration in 2017
- RHS Tatton Park Flower Show – Awarded 5 Stars in 2018